Radon Awareness

Cancer

Radon is a radioactive, cancer-causing gas. You cannot see, smell or taste radon, but it could be present at a dangerous ,level in your home. It is the number one cause of lung cancer in non-smokers. It is the 2nd leading cause of lung cancer among nonsmokers in Americal and claims the fives of about 21,000 deaths/year.

One in three Utah Homes test high for Radon in their homes. Radon comes from the natural decay of uranium in the soil underneath the home. Different neighborhoods can have different quantities of radon, even different neighbors.

Radon enters into your home through cracks in the floor, joints, service pipes, water supply, etc. The only way to know if you have high levels in your home is to test. It is easy and inexpensive to test your home for radon. Go to radon.utah.gov to order an $8 test kit.

If you have elevated levels (above 4 pCi/L of air) of Radon you will want to hire an Radon certified mitigator by going to radon.utah.gov.

The mitigation system will cost around $1300 and creates a vacuum effect beneath the home.

 

Calculate Your BMI

Figure your Body Mass index (BMI) using your weight and height.
read more