Utah's Farmers MarketsEat Healthy
Farmers markets are a great source of locally grown, healthy foods. Here are the Top 10 Reasons to shop at a Farmers Market.
1. Freshly picked, in season produce is at its peak in flavor and nutrition.
2. Support your local farmers and economy.
3. Fruit and vegetables are an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Energize your body with five servings per day.
4. It is a great way to get your kids involved. Let them pick something new to try, then they can help prepare a meal or snack.
5. Supporting your local farmers market strengthens your community. Come meet your local farmers and learn about foods grown in your area.
7. Farmers often have recommendations for preparing their products.
8. You can try a new fruit or vegetable!
10. Farmers markets are easy to find.