Mental Health AwarenessBe Well
Mental health is an integral part of overall health.
- 1 in 5 Americans will experience a mental health issue in their lifetime.
- 50 % of mental health issues show up before a child reaches 14 years of age.
- 75% of mental health problems manifest themselves by age 24.
- Symptoms often manifest themselves years before a diagnosis is given.
- New research shows that many mental health conditions can be prevented from occurring, or mitigated, to reduce the impact on a person or families’ daily life.
- Early intervention is the key to reducing the impact of the problem.
- Treatment works, people recover and go on to lead, happy healthy lives.
Free Online, Anonymous Screening Tools
The Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health recently introduced free, confidential, online mental health screening tools. The tools do not provide a diagnosis. Only a trained clinician can accurately assess these illnesses. The tools are designed to determine if you or someone you love should see a mental health professional. The tools cover potential mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, substance use, PTSD and eating disorders. The results are completely confidential and results are given immediately. The tools offer recommendations and provide access to resources.
For more help or information, visit dsamh.utah.gov